Pediatric Dentistry Specialist
Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
Pediatric Dentistry located in Glendale, AZ Now offering appointments.
Pediatric Dentistry Q & A
What is pediatric dentistry?
Which pediatric dentistry services are available?
Some of the many pediatric dentistry services available at Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics include:
- Dental exams
- Professional cleanings
- Fluoride treatments
- Root canals
- Traditional braces
- Early dental care
- Sedation dentistry
- Oral surgery
Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics specialists personalize each treatment for kids and teens, making each dental visit fun and relaxing.
Children feel comfortable when attending dental appointments at Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, and many even look forward to routine dental cleaning and exams. Parents can attend and view all pediatric dentistry appointments if they’d like to.
What happens during pediatric dentistry visits?
Oral health history review
While you relax in a comfortable chair, your pediatric dentistry provider reviews your oral health history and takes dental X-rays as needed.
Professional teeth cleaning
A dental hygienist uses specialized dental tools to gently remove plaque and tartar from hard-to-reach areas between your teeth and near your gum line. They also polish your teeth with professional-strength toothpaste and floss your teeth.
Your dentist completes a comprehensive dental examination and reviews the results of dental X-rays. They let you know if you’re a good candidate for preventive treatment, such as fluoride treatment and sealants, or restorative dental procedures that might include fillings, crowns, or a root canal. They can complete these procedures the same day or at a separate appointment.
When should I schedule pediatric dentistry appointments?
To schedule your next pediatric dentistry visit, call the Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics office or book an appointment online today.
What Sedation Is Used For Pediatric Dentistry?
How Long Should A Child Go To A Pediatric Dentist?
How Is A Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentist Different From Other Dentists?
What Procedures Do Pediatric Dentists Do?
- Cavity treatment
- Pulp Treatment
- Space Maintainers
Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics Services
What to Expect from Your Pediatric Dentist Visit
The number one question we get from parents is what to expect from your child’s first visit to Paseo Ranch Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics.
We are just kidding. As a childrens pediatric dentistry provider, it is our job to expect the unexpected. Children are wildly unpredictable. For that reason, every professional in our establishment must be prepared to handle the unexpected calmly, respectfully, safely, and in a way that increases your child’s confidence in our pediatric dentist.
We have to expect the unexpected.
For children (and for nervous parents), we know how important it is to predict what will happen at a visit. That is why we stress routine and predictability for our patients.
We Start with a Consultation
Once the child is comfortable in the examination chair, we review their oral history and take x-rays, if indicated. We explain every step of the process and go at the child’s pace.
Services We Provide
- Routine Exam, X-Rays, and Cleaning. Most visits to a pediatric dentist are simple. First, one of our coronal polish certified dental assistants uses child-sized tools to clean your child’s teeth. That includes removing plaque and tartar as well as polishing and flossing the teeth. Next, the dentist examines the mouth and reviews any x-rays.
- Fluoride Treatments. Fluoride is a natural mineral that can help strengthen teeth. Routine fluoride treatments during childhood can help prevent decay.
- Sealants. These are a protective coating that helps prevent cavities on the chewing surfaces of teeth.
- Fillings. If we notice a cavity or tooth decay, we remove it using a drill, then fill in the area with a tooth-colored filling.
- Crowns. When the damage to a tooth is too severe to handle with a filling, we build an artificial tooth topper known as a crown and place it over the tooth.
- Root Canals. If decay or infection has spread to the roots of a tooth, we use special tools to clean out the roots, stopping tooth pain. Root canals are often in combination with crowns.
- Orthodontics. We offer a range of orthodontic solutions, including traditional braces.
- Sedation Dentistry. We have options to sedate children for procedures. We may recommend sedation for several reasons. The most obvious reason is if a procedure requires a child to remain still, but the child cannot. However, we also offer sedation dentistry for patients who are anxious or scared about procedures. A gentle approach now helps build a lifetime of healthy habits.